KEDkrafty Finished Objects

A sister blog for the original KEDkrafty. All the specs for my Finished Objects from January 2006 without all the other chit-chat. Look out for highlights from my knitting archives too.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Archive Five- Thatched Cottages

Added later:
Trust me, I did post this in the correct sequence as an Archive Five, but because I saved a draft of the mitts post, it published it first. Granted, I'm no maths whizz, but I can count to five. x K


I have decided (just cos I can) that some Archive Five posts will be to show you hand-crafted gifts I have received as well as items I've made.


This is a gift from my mother-in-law who occasionally turns her hand to cross stitch.

DH and I had bought her the kit for this one time we had been at the SECC Creative Stitches Fair (she said, "anything except birds,") and then many months down the line she returned the compliment by offering us the finished article as a present. It's up on the wall in the computer room.

No, it's not "the cottage" we visit -if only! And yes, she did stitch all the white work on the cottage walls. I'd have been tempted to let the white fabric shine through, but then again, I am a slovenly girl. :-)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 26 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Kathleen,

    If you want to change the order your posts are published in go to 'edit post' and at the bottom of the post there's a line that says something like 'more options' or 'post options' or something of that nature. Click on that and it will give you the option to allow or not allow comments and to change the date and time of the post. If you set it to an earlier time than the mitts post then it should be published before that post on your blog. I hope that makes sense! Let me know if it doesn't and I'll double check how it works - I've changed the order of posts before on my blog when I'm written drafts.

    Beautiful cross stitch. So intricate. My sister cross stitches as well and I'm always amazed at the level of detail that goes into a piece.

    See you soon,
    Sarah x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Free Counters